Tuesday, June 26, 2012






It's been your usual week in the Martin house: late nights, early mornings, death threats.

In other words, Vacation Bible School.

Seriously, whoever came up with the words "Vacation Bible School" was not thinking of the teachers. By day three, one glance around the cafeteria told me these adults would love to be in one place: anywhere but here.

And you thought I was kidding about the death threats. Oh no. There were fifth graders standing on tables yelling words that should not be whispered inside of church walls. This shouting was due to the fact that I refused to tell the end of a suspenseful story, but instead dragged it out over a period of four days.

(There were adults taking prescription sleeping pills because my "story time" left them with nightmares; others were googling the story to see if the main character would live through the end of the week.)

So all in all, I think it was a successful week. Children cursed in church and uniformed men laid awake at night.

Now I need a real vacation.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:


I know all about waiting--for the right guy, for high school to end, for my boobs to come in (two out of three ain't bad).



Bare Naked Blog



I'm just getting started sharing relevant ads on my site. Please click "connect" at the top of the page if you're interested in learning more.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved