Friday, April 10, 2009

California, You Were Calling My Name

Several hours before takeoff, my stuff looked a lot like my mind:

S
c
a
t
t
e
r
e
d


Upon arrival in California, I realized I did not have a roommate. So I ironed clothes. Made bed. Killed spiders. God rest their souls.

[Anything to keep myself awake. You have no idea what kinds of tricks your mind plays at 4 a.m. in a cabin alone in the woods.]

The next morning I awoke to this:



Even after a pitiful amount of sleep, how could a person not be grateful to see that sunrise?



Everything about Mount Hermon was beautiful. The place. The people. The food.

Did I mention the food?

Does anyone have pictures of the food?

I have pictures of myself after the food.

Enjoy the before:



And the after:



Apparently Ethan got fat too. All the sympathy weight, you know. Because according to Amy, I'm pregnant.

It was a little disconcerting when she informed me of this fact. I'd only met her a few days before.

"Are you feeling OK?" she asked me over dinner one night.

"Yes. What's wrong? Do I look sick?"

"I just think you might be pregnant," she said. "I'm a nurse. I've been known to predict these things."

Thanks, Amy. I'll keep you posted. I'd love to have a reason for all this weight gain.

Speaking of weight gain, if you could gain weight from spending excessive amounts of time with cool people, I would weigh 3 tons by now:



My awesome agent, Rachel -- new friend, Annie -- and new friend, Tricia.

[Photo courtesy of Wendy Lawton. I hijacked it from her Facebook account. I just hope she doesn't use her amazing legal skills to cause me harm.]

Speaking of harm -- at times, the week was an uphill climb:



But it was always beautiful.

Goodbye, Beautiful Place. Goodbye, Beautiful People.

Hello, Beautiful Husband.


No comments:


I know all about waiting--for the right guy, for high school to end, for my boobs to come in (two out of three ain't bad).



Bare Naked Blog



I'm just getting started sharing relevant ads on my site. Please click "connect" at the top of the page if you're interested in learning more.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved