Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Dear, Dear Friend,

Why did you leave so soon? We were so close. I spent all my time with you. I told you all my secrets.

You were the first one to know when I had a new story. The first one to know when I had late-night insomnia.

I ate with you. I cried on you. I was entertained by you.

I guess this relationship was all about me, wasn't it? How many of the last few sentences have I started with the word "I"? I know it's a lot. I know I depended on you for my happiness. I know we shared so many great memories. But for once, I will start a few sentences with the word "you":

You were amazing. You introduced me to my husband. You stayed by my bedside when I was sick.

Sure, there were times I yelled at you. Times I tried to hurt you. Times I treated you like a spare tire. I would do anything to change that now. Anything to bring you back.

Somehow, though, you knew I was crazy about you. Even when I took you for granted -- you were there.

Now you are gone, and I didn't even get to say goodbye. I have to admit, I keep expecting to see you. Every time I round the corner, I think you'll be sitting there -- waiting for me like old times.

But for now, my Dear, Dear Friend, I will say goodbye. And I will hope desperately, impatiently, and daringly -- that soon the Computer Repairman will call and say you're going to be OK after all.

Your Friend,
B.J

No comments:


I know all about waiting--for the right guy, for high school to end, for my boobs to come in (two out of three ain't bad).



Bare Naked Blog



I'm just getting started sharing relevant ads on my site. Please click "connect" at the top of the page if you're interested in learning more.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved