Friday, June 5, 2009

Accidents Happen

My nephew is potty-training. I will spare you details, but I will say my favorite song on his Elmo Goes Potty video is called Accidents Happen.

As adults we have the whole potty thing down. At least -- most of us do. But when it comes to life, folks -- accidents happen.

Since this week we dialogged about loving people (in the words of Bob Irvin) where they are -- not where we want them to be -- I will tell you this story because (in the words of my friend Annie) "I know you will not judge me."

A while back I was talking with someone from church on Instant Messenger. I typed, "Well Hello". Only -- I accidentally left the "o" off the "hello".

Like I said. Love me where I am... not where you wish I would be.

The fact is... I don't use Instant Messenger anymore. Because I have learned that where B.J. is... well... accidents happen.
****
Question for 2Day: What kind of crazy accidents have you had?
****
Photo Source: Microsoft Clip Art

2 comments:

Stephany said...

In keeping with the accidental cursing story...I was only about 8 at the time but my brother and I were at home and one of my dad's friends called the house so I asked him, "Who was that? Chuck, Muck, or F---?" You fill out the rest. Totally didn't mean to say it but it slipped out!

My brother held that over my head for YEARS. I finally told my mom the story just a few years ago and she thinks it's hilarious.

So, I totally found this story funny!

Bare Naked Blog w/Bekah said...

I'm so glad someone can relate! Sounds just like some other stories I could tell... :)


I know all about waiting--for the right guy, for high school to end, for my boobs to come in (two out of three ain't bad).



Bare Naked Blog



I'm just getting started sharing relevant ads on my site. Please click "connect" at the top of the page if you're interested in learning more.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved