Sunday, April 26, 2009

Single Girls: Why Are Guys Not Asking You Out?

So here's the thing lots of girls are wondering: What's with no guys asking me out?

I realize I never ask this question because well -- obviously -- I'm married. But it's a question many of my single friends ask again and again.

Some of you, however, have been poisoned by my former motto:

"Singleness = Happiness
Marriage = Bondage"

You've determined men are evil. Just like I did.

I invented my "marriage = bondage" motto when I was about 14 years old. It earned me the name "feminatzi" and what I recently learned some guy named Andy Merrick calls Miss Cold.

It wasn't ENTIRELY my fault (just mostly). In the series Why Guys Aren't Asking You Out Merrick shows that sometimes there is a definite problem in the hearts of guys too.

Just like the definite problem in my heart.

(Andy also tells hilarious stories. (Did I mention he's funny?) Visit his blog. He's not even paying me to say this. Much.)

I don't agree 100% with all of Andy's conclusions, but I do agree that this whole no-commitment-thing has a lot to do with the condition of our hearts. Guys and girls alike.

Somewhere along the way, I decided no one would hurt me again. Ever.

Boy, is THIS Miss Cold glad that God was bigger than that promise.

I didn't deserve for this boy to ask me out:

I didn't deserve for him to come after my heart.

I didn't deserve for him to wait patiently until I could trust.

I didn't deserve to be pursued.

Hmm... that reminds me of Someone else.

Who is this King of Glory
Who pursues me with His love?
(Third Day lyrics)

So to my single friends: I don't have the answers. I only know my story is all about the grace of God.

And I can't thank Him enough for that.

****
So what are your thoughts?
****
Oh, and go check out Andy's blog.

No comments:


I know all about waiting--for the right guy, for high school to end, for my boobs to come in (two out of three ain't bad).



Bare Naked Blog



I'm just getting started sharing relevant ads on my site. Please click "connect" at the top of the page if you're interested in learning more.
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved